PlatformIO Open Source April Updates
New boards and dev-kits, Support for Teensyduino v1.58, Updated Espressif dev-platform with the latest Arduino Core
Welcome to the April 2023 updates of PlatformIO Open Source professional collaborative platform for embedded development. This month we received a lot of helpful feedback from our community, which let us identify the most important parts of our OSS ecosystem that required our attention, so there are plenty of updates pushed in this month that we hope you will like.
During April, we rolled out important updates for Teensy and Espressif32 dev-platforms, fixed a lot of issues. Some of the key highlights include:
Espressif32 dev-platform v6.2
The new release of the Espressif 32 dev-platform brings support for the latest Arduino Core, new boards and dev-kits, several minor fixes and improvements:
- Added boards:
- Added support for Arduino v2.0.8 (release notes)
- Updated esptoolpy to v4.5.1 (release notes)
- Added local cacert file containing “DST Root CA X3” to certificate bundle (#1066)
- Fixed HWID for the
- Minor fixes and improvements (#1032, #1055, #1067, #1082)
See Release Notes for more detailed information.
Related resources for the Espressif32 dev-platform:
Teensy dev-platform v4.18
The new release of the Teensy dev-platform brings support for the latest Teensyduino v1.58 and updated toolchains:
- Updated Teensyduino to v1.58 (release notes)
- Updated toolchain package to v11.3.1 for Arm-based boards
- Minor fixes and improvements (#94, #95)
Related resources for the Teensy dev-platform:
Stay in touch with us
Stay tuned to this blog or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @PlatformIO_Org to keep up to date with the latest news, articles and tips!